Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first roti cook with a new onlyfire...  (Read 1967 times)

Don_

• WKC Brave
My first roti cook with a new onlyfire...
« on: July 20, 2016, 04:10:24 PM »
Well I'm happy with the way my first set up run of my new onlyfire roti ring is going!

Fingers crossed for an edible outcome!

shock_me

• Smokey Joe
Re: My first roti cook with a new onlyfire...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »
Looks pretty good to me! I recently got a new kettle roti after years of sitting on the fence, and I loves it! Chicken was my first cook on it and it came out perfect like yours :)

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »
Thanks! @shock_me I'm still tipping back a couple of lubricants, and checking temp. Not done yey, but looking good...out of sun though. I knew it would run late, but wanted to break it in.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »
I got that same roti ring for my Jumbo Joe and love it! Nice looking bird!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
Don't ya just love the sound of those drippings. And the smell coming out of the vents. You know it's gonna be good!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 05:50:46 PM »
@Bustin Butt ...if it was you that posted a thread about it in the Spring, it started the clock ticking for me to get one! Thanks!

@Travis ...hell yeah it smelled great! The mosquitos drove me in, or I would have stayed outside for the whole cook!

All in all, my $5 chicken came out great! I was barely able to let it rest before destroying it! I wish that i was able to get some decent plated pic's, but I can't help myself when a food plan comes together.
My opinion of the onlyfire 22 inch rotisserie is a posative one so far. Set up was a breeze, and my little 6lb bird was fantastic. The cook was a easy to manage, and the roti parts cleaned up easily while the bird rested.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »
Man do I feel out of touch with the lingo - When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were making Indian food! Duh...
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 12:50:25 PM »
That looks great! I ordered a basket for mine and chicken wings are on the menu this weekend. My wife said she was craving them after we chatted about having them cooked in a roti basket. I just hope no wings fall through the large gaps in this thing I bought. Still excited.