Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Onions On The Weber  (Read 1171 times)

Geezer

• WKC Brave
Onions On The Weber
« on: July 02, 2016, 04:33:59 PM »
Grill time again and today I'm fixin a favorite of ours, onions on the grill.  Not a very catchy name but, man, they are good.

Start by peeling and cutting the ends off a onion.  The kind of onion doesn't matter, I've tried em all and they all are good.

Then, cut out part of the core.  Once you have the core out, slice down the onion and cut into quarters or even six pieces.  Do not cut all the way to the bottom, leave it all attached for the last third down.

Then, take one beef bullion cube,

and place it into the center of the onion.

Place a pat of butter on top of the bullion cube.

Double wrap in aluminum foil.  You must double wrap to prevent the burning of the onion.  Trust me on this.

Put on the grill for about 30 minutes.  Here, the onions are on with some corn.  The corn came off about 15 minutes before the onions.

Unwrap carefully because there will be steam and hot liquid inside.  Trust me on this.  Put into a bowl and eat away and enjoy.  The onion is very tender, the juice and the bullion cube make the onion very flavorful, it kinda reminds me of French Onion soup.  It's a very good side dish and very easy to prepare.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Onions On The Weber
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
Yep, totally doin this one! Tfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:39:50 PM »
Cool idea!  Gota try this sometime.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 10:06:19 PM »
love this, do it often (although I use about twice as much butter and I don't double foil)

Thomas Andrews

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »
I'll do this today. Thank you for sharing!