Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Creamy pesto pasta and peach cobbler on the 26er  (Read 1097 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Creamy pesto pasta and peach cobbler on the 26er
« on: June 28, 2016, 07:53:03 AM »
Home made creamy pesto mixed with pasta and halved cherry tomatoes, covered with fresh mozzarella and Parmesan then heated on the grill for about 20 minutes around 375.   Followed by peach cobbler cooked around 350 for around 50 minutes.  I also did some halved boneless chicken breasts marinated in zesty italian dressing with some added garlic powder and salt.  Didn't get any pics of that, but we all know what grill chicken breasts look like.

I used a little bit of apple and pecan for smoke.  Gave both dishes a very delicious light smokey flavor.

Creamy Pesto Pasta Bake Recipe

Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe

20 minutes in.  Rotated it a few times to make sure it cooked as evenly as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:58:08 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Creamy pesto pasta and peach cobbler on the 26er
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:26:53 AM »
That's looks great Mike! Thanks for the recipes too. I'm gonna give that pesto a try.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:55:15 AM »
That's looks great Mike! Thanks for the recipes too. I'm gonna give that pesto a try.

The pesto was awesome.  I can easily pass on pesto, but adding the heavy cream to it made it so freaking good!!! 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:58 AM »
Great looking meal.  The pesto pasta looks amazing!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 06:19:52 PM »
Two unsung uses for the outdoor grill: casserole-type dishes where everything is essentially already cooked, just not yet "jelled," and dessert. Well done, sir.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
Let's see....WKC for some use for the billions (with a "B") of cherry tomatoes coming out of the garden....that was a quick search...THANKS !!!

Grate Cookup !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"