Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burger Throwdown - Kofte Burgers  (Read 1461 times)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Burger Throwdown - Kofte Burgers
« on: June 02, 2016, 12:45:47 AM »
Recently I've added some kabobs to the cooking rotation. Kofte recipes I've looked at range from just a few ingredients to ridiculously long lists of spices. The one I've have settled with is pretty simple, but has good flavor and has a Mediterranean taste to it. I thought it would be interesting to try it with burgers.

On the plate from the bottom right counterclockwise: grated ginger for some heat, ground coriander and cumin for savory taste, ground cinnamon for a little more heat, grated onion - well, to be onion, and grated garlic.
Garlic don't need no reason!

No chile, because I am married, and I didn't put all that cinnamon in - maybe a half teaspoon is what I actually used. In the bowl is a pound of ground lamb and a pound of 80/20 chuck. The little jar is mild harissa, I used probably three tablespoons. This all turned into six burgers.

26 with the Slow N Sear XL, Baking Steel positioned over the coals, burgers on. Dog optional.

Burgers flipped. Broke the one in the middle - they are really tender after mixing in onion and harissa.

Plated with buns, mayo, red onion, and a hunk of feta cheese. Farro salad on the side.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Burger Throwdown - Kofte Burgers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:34:51 AM »
Looks awesome Jon! I really like the ground lamb mix. I bet it was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:15:11 AM »
Man, those sound tasty. Nice cook up Jon [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:05:42 PM »
Good blend of flavors in your offering.  I really liked the use of the griddle, sometimes that's really the best way too go.
SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 06:53:45 PM »
Thinking about those spices in the patties is making me drool. Nice job!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791