Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saturday Night Gringo Steak Tacos  (Read 1581 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Saturday Night Gringo Steak Tacos
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »
So this past Thursday 5 my son went to a Cubs night game and I wanted STEAK! Found 3 beauties in the freezer. Thawed them out and seasoned with salt, pepper, and onion seasoning. Cooked direct for a few and then on the side. I made 3 because… I wanted to ;D. I had 1 leftover and put it into the refrigerator.

So here it is Saturday night and decide to make “Gringo Tacos” :D

I chopped up the steak and added onion, garlic, and merlot sauce mixed and left covered on the counter. I then went out to the Dual OTP Custom and started out the White Sox side of the grill. Now as you all can expect I was thirsty by now. What to have (Beer, Rum and Coke, Vodka and Lemonade)?...Na I’ll make a "Gringo Michelada!" :)

Now some pictures
Thursday Dinner

The start of “Gringo Tacos”

"Gringo Michelada"

Now being a gringo I don't mind the term and the name of the tacos... My good friends and neighbors named them a few years ago and the name stuck ;D.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Re: Saturday Night Gringo Steak Tacos
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »
I love how some names stick. A few years ago my neighbor Bill was making a Mexican dish and made up some really strong margaritas and a friend of mine drank way too many and kept asking for more of "Bob's" margaritas with each taco she ate so it wasn't too long before "Taco Bob's Margaritas" had a foot hold and has stuck with him ever since.
Your gringo dinner looks great. Thanks for sharing.

●|||||||●

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 07:31:55 PM »
(
I love how some names stick. A few years ago my neighbor Bill was making a Mexican dish and made up some really strong margaritas and a friend of mine drank way too many and kept asking for more of "Bob's" margaritas with each taco she ate so it wasn't too long before "Taco Bob's Margaritas" had a foot hold and has stuck with him ever since.
Your gringo dinner looks great. Thanks for sharing.

@RumBar - It is funny how names stick. Oh and if you where wondering the "Gringo Michelada" is all the good stuff you would normally use but with Miller Lite instead of a Mexican beer. I was out of Corona :'(

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 10:42:22 PM »
Nice job Shoestring. I like your plating, and love dual otp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 06:04:45 AM »
Tacos look great!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 06:22:53 AM »
I like your plating, and love dual otp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Travis Thanks my wife just want to eat  ;) and I tell her "one minute more honey I need to take a picture" ::) ... and for the Dual OTP... I have had 5 people ask to sell it to them. I just tell them NFS LOL. This is my favorite grill.

Tacos look great!

@WNC Thanks ;D. Not to bad for leftovers 8)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
Ole!  Great looking plate.  The drink looks good too!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 11:49:19 AM »
Looks like a good Mexican taco to me!
May The Smoke Be With You!