Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally got enough "donors" to make 1 nice Frankengasser Genesis...  (Read 4757 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Finally got enough "donors" to make 1 nice Frankengasser Genesis...
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »
Also, with regards to the metal shop, you can get some nice bars from a guy named RCPlanebuyer on Ebay for $72.95 shipped. His are thicker gauge (16)  than Weber OEM bars  and are the same 304 stainless.   Keep that in mind when working out a trade out with the metal shop.

Thanks, I will remember that.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 07:38:57 AM »
*ALBUM UPDATE*
Did some more cleaning last night after work, a razor blade some steel wool and my grinder with a wire cup. Getting there. I wonder how it would look with a "De Lorean" finish?...LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »
I've beenon  the prowl for a blue gasser and they tend to sell too fast for me to get!  Nice build!  Can't wait to see more pictures
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »
I've beenon  the prowl for a blue gasser and they tend to sell too fast for me to get!  Nice build!  Can't wait to see more pictures

I have CL send alerts to my email which I get on my phone, thats how I was just able to score a red 26" patent pending kettle, I was able to reply 13 minutes after it was posted. Its now in my backyard, much to the dismay of several grillfellas here on this site.

P.S. My search is for both WEBER and WEBBER, because some people just cant spell.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 08:39:48 PM »
New picture, I think I'm getting the hang of posting pics so you guys dont have to keep going to my album.. I had to replace the lower frame stretchers and thank goodness Weber didn't do the proprietary " you have to buy our stuff" route.. Luckily I had some stainless 1" square tube laying around, (i'm also a packrat) so I was able to cut it, salvage the square nuts and get it back together. Its all looking like it will work, going to sand the lid sides and firebox this weekend and get ready for paint. In doing this I thought of another project as soon as this one is done, It will compliment this gasser and the duo will be a "Fire and Ice" kinda thing...

Untitled by Darin McMaster, on Flickr