Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Success! Bottom round roast beef with a Slow N Sear  (Read 2056 times)

Don_

• WKC Brave
Success! Bottom round roast beef with a Slow N Sear
« on: May 01, 2016, 04:12:18 PM »
I picked up a bottom round roast, on sale, yesterday. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it.
I decided to go with my Performer Silver, and the Slow N Sear because I wanted to use a pan, and some beef stock etc. that wasn't going to fit in to my 14.5 WSM.
A good choice, in my opinion, because the results were pretty good, and easy.

It was a nice, fast set up, no hassle cook. The results were quite tasty too.
The SnS was rock solid, holding temp between 225-240, at the grate, for more than enough time to get the job done. I was using a "mut" load consisting of some leftover Kingsford briquettes, some Cowboy lump, some cherry wood, and apple wood.
This was the easiest temperature control cook that I've had in the kettle so far.  8)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Re: Success! Bottom round roast beef with a Slow N Sear
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:47:53 AM »
Looks really nice.  How did you set it up and what did you do with the pan?

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:45:18 AM »
nice job how long did it cook for?
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
That's really good to hear as I am considering getting one.  Did you use the bear claw to hold the meat for slicing?

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »
Looks really nice.  How did you set it up and what did you do with the pan?
Thanks! The SnS was set up for low, and slow, per their instructions(including a quart of water in the reservoir)and a few chunks of cherry, and apple wood. I loaded the pan with a bed of onions, beef stock, herbs, and spices.

nice job how long did it cook for?
Thanks! It took just about 2 hours and 15minutes to reach around 130deg internal temp...then foiled, and coolered for about 30 minutes.

That's really good to hear as I am considering getting one.  Did you use the bear claw to hold the meat for slicing?

The SnS has been a really good investment for me. Yes, the bear claw has become my go to fork for(attempted) thin slicing.