Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Multi grill multi accessory Sunday  (Read 2053 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Multi grill multi accessory Sunday
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:56:03 AM »
A few days ago I posted on the Weber Picture Challenge thread a challenge of posting a pic of cooking on multiple grills using multiple accessories.  Well I decided to accept that challenge.   Despite half of a day of rain yesterday I managed to cook 4 things on three grills using a bunch of accessories!  I need to try harder to get pics of my foods.

26er
-Slow-n-Sear running at 225-250 loaded up with turds for 2 hours.  Turds were stuffed with cream cheese mixed with diced onion and brown sugar, topped with cheddar lil smokies then wrapped in bacon.  No rub or additional spices needed.

SJS
-my new mini smoker that I finally got around to finishing on Friday loaded up with a Pork Tenderloin.   This thing is so efficient with fuel it isn't even funny.  I still need to eat a can of tuna this week so I can make poke some holes in it to prevent ashes from clogging up the bottom vent.  Also, the thermo placement just barely below the cooking grate couldn't work better.  It's out of the way of food since the cooking space is limitied and my thermo ran within 10 degrees of my maverick the entire time....so basically I don't need my wireless thermo when using this!

SS Performer
-vortex wings and gourmet grate with the center removed
-lamb rib chops with the vortex at super high heat.  Center grate in place and lamb was super seared for a minute or two per side.  It took me about 6 minutes to cook an entire lamb rib rack that had been cut into individual chops. 

I had some scallops thawed to cook on my weber gourmet skillet in the gas kettle but we were too full from everything else so that will probably happen today.  It's going to be a great week as far as leftover lunches goes!

I also had to break out one of my new in the box mavericks that has been sitting in a closet for a few months.  Got it from amazon when it was at a sale price I couldn't pass up.  My gf was cracking up that I had an extra thermo just sitting in the closet just "in case of an emergency".

And a nice trip to Home Depot in Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:17:26 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Multi grill multi accessory Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:58:01 AM »
Looks like a fun and busy weekend!

Did you get to try that lighter fluid stuff?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »

If you are referring to the white bottle in the background, that is my alcohol gel that I use to light my amazen tube for cold smoking.  It works really good!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:06:17 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »

If you are referring to the white bottle in the background, that is my alcohol gel that I use to light my amazen tube for cold smoking.  It works really good!

Oh interesting. You use that instead of a torch?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 09:45:32 AM »

Yes.  It is so easy.  Fill the tube with pellets, give it a little squirt of gel, then light it up.  It takes me about 45 seconds to go from empty tube to loaded and on fire.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »

Yes.  It is so easy.  Fill the tube with pellets, give it a little squirt of gel, then light it up.  It takes me about 45 seconds to go from empty tube to loaded and on fire.

Interesting. Does it smell anything like lighter fluid?

Your weekend of Weber looked like a fun time.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 10:05:03 AM »

Interesting. Does it smell anything like lighter fluid?

Your weekend of Weber looked like a fun time.

It really doesn't have an odor.  And you have to be careful because it burns blue which you really can't see during daylight hours.  You think its not burning for the first 5 seconds or so until you wave your hand over it and the pellets start to smoke.  Here is a post that shows a good pic of the alcohol gel as well as my just lit tube.