Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Two cooks this weekend.  (Read 1162 times)

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Two cooks this weekend.
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »
Saturday.
Saturday was my first weave! I made up a couple of meatloafs from the Weber site and wrapped one with the weave.
Some bacon wrapped poppers.
My son was grilling up snacks while I was stuffing poppers. He wanted to try bologna with soy sauce and some garlic salt. Gotta say it wasn't bad at all.
I also tossed on some wings and stuffed shrooms because I still had room on the grate.
I sliced up up the meatloaf brushed on some Stubbs BBQ sauce and seared them up a bit then served them on ciabatta bread with provolone and topped with grilled mushroom and onions.
My son said he didn't like meatloaf but after trying the bacon wrapped one he is liking it now.

Sunday

Sunday's cook was much simpler and I was following @addicted-to-smoke for his "best chicken evah" recipe. I some how managed to forget to wrap the legs with bacon, I was so excited to try it that I forgot. Oh well, next time. The legs still turned out great, I didn't have anything like the mustard BBQ sauce but I did mix up some Heinz 57 with sriracha sauce and a splash of soy sauce and man that was spot on. I used that on half of them and the rest I used some fresh lime juice.

Nothing fancy but everything was good.

●|||||||●

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Two cooks this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:16:37 AM »
Holy cow that's a lot of righteous food. In that one pic is that an 18's grill grate sitting on old charcoal holders to create the double-decker? Brilliant.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

RumBar

• WKC Brave
Two cooks this weekend.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
Holy cow that's a lot of righteous food. In that one pic is that an 18's grill grate sitting on old charcoal holders to create the double-decker? Brilliant.
Yes it is! I borrowed it off of my sons grill. It worked pretty good but I'm not sure I gained that much because of the baskets, mainly I was trying to get the poppers higher up in the lid for crispier bacon and wings.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:56:18 PM »
That is a very good looking, very big cook.

You guys got me thinking, and I just tried it. Charcoal rails wouldn't take up as much room, and seemed pretty stable. Not as tall as baskets, though.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 05:22:50 AM »
Dude, you got some skills happening there. Just love that ban wrap loaf!