Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Genesis Platinum Series Restore  (Read 5408 times)

wyd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Red Genesis Platinum Series Restore
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 05:08:43 AM »
Looks fantastic.  Really a nicely done restore.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »
I've still had some flareups with the 13 flavorizers. 

Looks great-I'd never seen a platinum red.  Had a big ass platinum green for a while that I finally sold.  The platinums had stainless steel flavorizers stock, I think, along with a funky plastic handle, at least in the older one I had (with big, non folding porcelain coated side table and a monster side burner). 

Left right orientation is good for rotisserieing, but not great for indirect cooking or just doing like one or two burgers.  Mostly I think they switched because they were the only ones doing it left to right and people wanted a grill that looks like what everybody else uses.  The low end Weber gas grills are really crappy right now.  My co-worker just bought one and is super excited about it.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that she should have ponied up the extra couple hundred for the Genesis if she was buying new (and really should have hunted down one of these bad boys).

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 01:11:50 PM »
SixZeroFour I am currently restoring a Red Genesis 2000 to the same level as yours.

I recently found a Red Genesis Platinum but the guy wants $100. All I want is the lid as I have every other part new.
I offered him $60. for it but he won't budge.
:(

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »
Nice work!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!