Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Would this Genesis clean up?  (Read 2350 times)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Would this Genesis clean up?
« on: March 16, 2016, 04:53:20 PM »
For sale locally for $80. Wonder if everything is stainless and that rust is just surface oxidation that can be taken care of with the proper removal technique..

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Would this Genesis clean up?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:08:02 PM »
I recently got a summit with a bunch of black grease on it and the majority of it cleaned off with some oven cleaner. I would go for it. I bet you could get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Would this Genesis clean up?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »
I wouldn't hesitate to buy that Genesis. Soap and steel wool will take care of it. And if it doesn't, it's still a hell of a grill for $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:03 AM »
I'd be on it like white on rice.  Thats an easy cleanup and most likely still under warranty through Weber.  Register the serial number with the mother ship (as I'm sure the original owners did not).  Anything that doesn't clean up to your satisfaction should be covered under the factory warranty.  I really like my old Genesis gasser, but I would love to find a deal like this locally to give to my parents
-Keith

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:47:25 AM »
I'm curious if the side table and cabinet are stainless.. If so I assume any rust is cosmetic.

mx.kessler

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 09:42:33 AM »
side table ist stainless

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 02:17:16 PM »
I'd check it very carefully for rust, including a very detailed search of the lower cabinet.   Can't tell you how many of them I have seen that have been rusted out.   IIRC, side tables and cabinet only have a 2 year warranty on them.