Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spice-rubbed Chipotle Orange BBQ Chicken  (Read 1429 times)

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Spice-rubbed Chipotle Orange BBQ Chicken
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »
Y'all have GOT to try this recipe from "Weber's New Real Grilling". I honestly think it's my favorite BBQ chicken, so much that we grilled it two weeks in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Spice-rubbed Chipotle Orange BBQ Chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »
Don't have the book. Care to relate the steps to make this?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:07 PM »
Here ya go, Mr Hoss. Seasoning is S&P, garlic, thyme, and a tad of allspice. The sauce doesn't stick too well, but it doesn't burn too quick, either. So you can brush it on before you finish with direct heat at the end. I recommend adding one or two more chipotles. Good stuff for chicken legs, I assure you.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
The sauce doesn't stick too well...

Right on. Bet if the orange juice was trimmed back a bit it'd stick better. Sauce and seasoning look like a tasty thing.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 07:10:26 PM »
Yeah, I've thought about cutting the juice a bit but the flavor is really something as it is.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:38:44 AM »
Saw it in the book but passed. Worried it might be too spicy. @kettlekook can you confirm?

Last time I used canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce it was hot "even for me." I have kids to think about and they don't tolerate dad's hotter experiments. :)

Seems like it'd be great on wings but I like that they applied it to larger pieces for the recipe.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 06:07:38 AM »
Looks good thanks for sharing it.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Spice-rubbed Chipotle Orange BBQ Chicken
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 07:22:46 AM »
Saw it in the book but passed. Worried it might be too spicy. @kettlekook can you confirm?

Last time I used canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce it was hot "even for me." I have kids to think about and they don't tolerate dad's hotter experiments. :)

Seems like it'd be great on wings but I like that they applied it to larger pieces for the recipe.

Not spicy at all. If I wanted it hot I'd add ground chipotle to the seasoning and at least triple the amount of peppers from the adobo sauce. Probably add some hot sauce as well.