Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How many defects do new webers normally have?  (Read 1983 times)

Sheez

• Happy Cooker
How many defects do new webers normally have?
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:23:45 AM »
Hi all,

I purchased and recently assembled a new Genesis 330.  I watched instructional videos so had a good idea of what to expect, so when I opened the box I was initially surprised to see that there was only one pin in the lid.  It all looked well packed so I figured it still looked new, so I removed the other pin and carefully removed the lid before taking everything out and preparing it for the build.

Interestingly there was a spare pin in with the parts (inside the plastic with bolts), and I later found a third pin rolling around in the box - seemed a little strange, and had me wondering if this box had been opened before.

After the build I noticed a few defects.

1) Minor scratches on the outside/grey part of the right wing (near the back so I can live with it)

2) A dent in the front left corner of the left wing (small, but big enough to annoy me)

3) A defect/scratch/mark on the front left edge of the hood (also small, but right in the spot where you look).

So I'm wondering if it's normally to have defects like this and you just live with them, or is it not normal and you would try get the parts replaced?

Also is it strange that I had 3 pins for the hood, with one rolling around in the box and one in the plastic with the bolts?

Thanks!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Re: How many defects do new webers normally have?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:28:42 AM »
I would take pics and call Weber customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

mx.kessler

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
I work for one of Webers biggest stores in germany during my semester brake every summer and have assembled quiet a few Webers during the past 5 years. We noticed that the quality of packing got worse over the years... yes grills get delivered with scratches,dents or broken emaille quiet often. Also they are missing some bolds, nuts, caps etc. once in a while, thatīs why weber send us a big box of bolds and nuts for our shop to replace if they are missing. If I open a box with major defects, I send pictures to weber and they send us a replacement, no problem! Weber is one of very few companies left with a great customer service, donīt hesitate to send them an Email with pictures + serial number and bill, they will replace it for you!

Sheez

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:45:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

I'm happy to report that both the retailer and Weber were very helpful and friendly, they will be sending a tech out to replace all of the damaged parts.  Great service!