Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Roti Wings  (Read 1417 times)

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Roti Wings
« on: January 23, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
Week back I got it into my head to use my kabob accessory to do some roti wings.  Worked out pretty good.  Didn't slather any sauce on them while they were turning.  I tossed them in duck fat, seasoned with some Cajun seasoning, and just let the lump and apple wood work it's magic.  Then when they were done, I took them off the skewers and tossed half in Ken's Buffalo Sauce and the other half in Ken's Honey Teriyaki with grated parm cheese.  Missus said she liked these even better than when I just grill them on the grate.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Roti Wings
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »
Looking pretty good from here. Grated parm on top of teriyaki sounds good too.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »
Damnit! I'm starving now and I'm 350 miles away from my grills.... Those look great!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
Damn @Grizz those look great! What's the details on that skewer attachment? That thing looks boss

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 10:31:28 AM »
Where do you find duck fat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »
Thanks!  I got the idea for the parm when I lived in Boston.  There was this outfit called Wings Express that had all these funky flavors.  There was one called Meltdown.  Oh, Baby!  I don't know what was on it, some kind of cayenne paste or something, but as soon as you lifted the lid you'd start coughing like you've been pepper sprayed!!  And I mean that in a good way.  The attachment is a shish kabob wheel made by a company called Napoleon.  Got it off amazon for around 15 bucks.  It designed for their gas grills, but it works perfectly with the weber roti.  Bustin Butt, any time I cook duck, either whole or individual breasts, I ALWAYS save the fat that gets rendered off.  That stuff is too good to waste!  But, if I don't happen to have any on hand, there's a high end supermarket I pass on the way home from work and they have it in little tubs tucked back in their refrigerated section.  Had to go look in my fridge, but it's put out by a company called Dartagnan.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 06:06:06 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-64007-Rotisserie-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0046XSI38/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

That reminds me, I also need a second set of meat forks for my roti. One chicken just looks so lonely on it!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch