Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jalapeņo corn bread / frittatta / bacon ... breakfast  (Read 941 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Jalapeņo corn bread / frittatta / bacon ... breakfast
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »
Had to break in my new corn bread skillet. Used a "gluten free" (corn meal based) recipe and added bits of jalapeņo. Because there's no flour, the batter stays more runny and has to be kept stirred or re-stirred prior to pouring into the skillet.

John Wayne approves:

With some bourbon bacon. Delicious!

We had enough batter left over to employ an 8" skillet for the rest. Shoulda poked the domed rise that it created but didn't catch it in time:

With frittata cooked by Mrs. @chuck s That was the star of the show:

Bacon may look dry here but was perfect (for me); soft and just right texture.

Corn bread stuck to the skillet. Don't know why; it had fresh oil, was clean to begin with (unused) and was cooked indirect between two charcoal baskets. They look a bit overdone around the edges in these photos but weren't burnt, and if we had pulled them earlier they wouldn't have passed the toothpick test. All in all another successful weekend at chuck s' place!

Unseen here are the pancakes ... the other morning we also had those, with 7 or 8 kinds of syrup available :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Re: Jalapeņo corn bread / frittatta / bacon ... breakfast
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »
That looks really good. I like your new corn bread pan, single servings made easy. It's been way to long since I've made some kettle corn bread, that time will need to come this week.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 03:00:15 AM »
I love it when @addicted-to-smoke comes to visit! 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 05:00:33 AM »
I love it when @addicted-to-smoke comes to visit!

Every "day after" I always think, "Wow, did we really eat all that great stuff?"
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch