Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Prime Rib  (Read 833 times)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Prime Rib
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:46:54 PM »
First I'm going to apologize for the fact I didn't take any pictures...sorry, I was crazy busy juggling cooking the prime rib, cooking a chicken and helping run a birthday party for my 8 year old daughter and 9 of her very loud energetic friends. 

So, with that out of the way.  I did my first prime rib on the roti tonight.  I was going to do reverse sear but wanted a portion to be more cooked as not everyone likes it medium.  Started hot around 450 then settled into 275 for around 2.5hrs and pulled it off with a centre temp of 143.  I precut the bone from the roast and trussed it back on the roast which help have half medium and half medium well.  It turned out great!  Love my roti...as if you guys haven't heard me say that already. 

Secondly, since sadly I only have one rotisserie set up I resorted to cooking a chicken on a beer can rack I have.  It too turned out great!  I'm not sure how anyone else sets them up but I put the chicken on the rack in a ss bowl with coals spread all around it.  I think at some point I'll design a basket that circles a bowl for just this purpose as I find this uses a lot of charcoal and some parts don't burn as well as others. 

Couple all that with -10C and doing a birthday party made for a busy day. 

Just have to say it again...LOVE my roti!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Prime Rib
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:14:29 PM »
Kudos for you for cooking in that weather.  I sometimes cook on the other side of the temperature spectrum.  Temps at 110 or higher in blazing sun.  Why do we do it?  We both love barbeque! On top of that you had to handle a birthday party.  I raise my glass to you!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Snowbeast

• Smokey Joe
Re: Prime Rib
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:00:30 PM »
That's freezing! Hats off to you. Completely forgiven for no pics ;)

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk