Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Brisket.  (Read 1679 times)

OKWeber

• Happy Cooker
First Brisket.
« on: December 23, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »
I am going to be cooking a brisket for Christmas dinner, I will be using the snake method, I have done it before on other smokes and seem to hold pretty consistent temps with it.  I will be using a 22.5 kettle with an 8lb brisket how long do you think the cook will take? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also what is the best way to find out which way the grain is going when it comes to slicing?

Thanks in advance.
Always wanting another Kettle!

chefn58

• WKC Brave
Re: First Brisket.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »
Is your brisket just the flat?

Shitty answer on how long it will take to cook:  until it's done.

If it's just the flat my guess is somewhere between 3-8 hours. Temperature outside, grill temperature will affect the time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »
Is your brisket just the flat?

Shitty answer on how long it will take to cook:  until it's done.

If it's just the flat my guess is somewhere between 3-8 hours. Temperature outside, grill temperature will affect the time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much what he said, even two pieces of meat that weigh the same will finish at different time due to how tight the tendons are and other factors.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 06:01:44 AM »
If its a packer it should take about 6-7 hours (L&S) depending on conditions in mother nature's kitchen.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 06:54:49 AM »
All of mine have taken a lot longer than I anticipated.  I think the shortes brisket cook I've done is around 8 hours and the Brisket was probably 7-8 lbs.   Be prepared for the stall.  At some point between 160-175 it is going to sit still and maybe even drop a degree or two.  I think my shortest stall has been around 45 minutes with my longest around 1.5 hours.  It can mess with your mind a bit, but don't worry it will keep moving eventually.  If you want to bypass the stall you can always wrap it in foil or buthers paper around 160-165 degrees.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!