Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Still Grillin in Tx  (Read 793 times)

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
Still Grillin in Tx
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:10:05 PM »
I posted a reply in this thread:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/off-topic/welp-grilling-season-is-officially-over/

that it was always grilling season in Tx. and I decided to put some pictures where my text was.

Earlier in the week, my mom said she was coming over today to watch football and since I always cook for her, she requested sausage and sauerkraut. I was more than happy to oblige as I love them as well. Went to the store yesterday and picked up a pack of Johnsonville beer brats, a 24oz can of Budweiser, one VERY large "sweet" onion, disposable aluminum pan and a can of Libby brand "crispy sauerkraut". fired up enough coals in the chimney to fill a basket. while that was heating up, I used my mandolin slicer to finely slice about half of the onion. then I poked some holes in the brats with a knife. put the onion, beer, brats and a smidge of water in the pan. cooked indirect on buddy with lid thermo reading about 400 for a little over 90min. heated sauerkraut on the stove over low heat for about 30-45min. served sans-bun on a plate with a smidge of spicy brown mustard.

here's a few quick pics

brats going on buddy

about an hour in adding a few more coals to the basket

plated with kraut and mustard

pretty simple, but very tasty!
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Still Grillin in Tx
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:30:49 PM »
Looks good.  What I like is kielbasa and sauerkraut.  That's a Pittsburgh area delicacy.  I also and some brown sugar to the kraut and black pepper no onions.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson