Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Show off your Summit!  (Read 3068 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Show off your Summit!
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
I'm not a member of this club yet but I thought it would be cool to see some of these beasts. Post pics of your Summit!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Show off your Summit!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:32:48 PM »
Picked this up in June of last year for $10.    Haven't finished the restore though as life kept me busy and it's not like I'm short on other cookers at the moment.   :D

Was missing the entire right hand side (support assembly, shelf, condiment rack).    Managed to source all those parts along with a sideburner !    Converted it from NG to LPG by replacing all of the orifices and added a new hose and regulator.    Replaced all the burner tubes and cross overs.  When everything is said and done, think I'll be into it for about $225-$250ish.

vmile

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:54 PM »
I had been after a six burner for some time, and found this one in January for $70USD.

It was the filthiest Weber gasser I have ever seen. It was rank.

I have nearly completed the restore- still doing the badge. I converted it to NG from LPG as well.

Presenting the DH 2004 Edition Weber Summit Gold D6 NG

I think it looks pretty good next to my old faithful 1996 'Green Machine' Genesis 5000.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Show off your Summit!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »
Just picked up one today for $100.

It was pretty dirty but spent some time cleaning it up. Three of the four ignitors don't work and the burner tubes aren't lighting all the way across but I am hoping I can figure those issues out. If y'all have any suggestions I am all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:06:30 PM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
Here it is. No IR. I do have a new burner box and lid for it that I've been trying to get around to replacing. Maybe this summer.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »

Here it is. No IR. I do have a new burner box and lid for it that I've been trying to get around to replacing. Maybe this summer.

Beautiful view. What river is that?

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:48:24 AM »
@tb80 It's the Sacramento River at my wife's folks place in Red Bluff. View of Mt. Lassen off the back porch. If there wasn't a hill to the north, you could see Mt. Shasta. This is where the party grill lives. I don't feel comfortable around there to be using my kettle in the hot dry summer; really don't want to start a fire.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:02:16 PM »
@nate amazing view