Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime 22" MBH with Original Weber Cover  (Read 3862 times)

SixZeroFour

Lime 22" MBH with Original Weber Cover
« on: October 31, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
Hey guys - I was hoping to share a fairly new addition to the stable.

This beauty was originally found by @dwnthehatch up in someone's attic complete with the original cover! Believe it or not it was in even better condition before FedEx got their hands on it. The box was crushed by a very heavy object on top and chipped the lid rim and bent the kettle bottom out of round by over an inch... not cool. Thankfully they at least owned up to the damage and compensated me for it (unlike UPS). Over the course of the next couple weeks I got it all straightened out and cleaned up as best as possible - so here it is!

It's still a beauty! Thanks again Troy - she now has a permanent home in the heated garage alongside the rest of the gang ;)

The stitching on the cover more or less disintegrated so I had all the seams re-done and now it's looking great 8) It's ugly as sin but I love the damn thing lol. Just screams the 70's!

Happy Halloween!!

Matt
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

chefn58

• WKC Brave
Re: Lime 22" MBH with Original Weber Cover
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
Beautiful Grill Matt!! 
It's a damn shame that FedEx had to mess this one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »
Awesome  Matt, just awesome,
I think you need a shirt to match the cover.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 04:02:12 PM »
Its still an incredible looking grill!
Hate to hear about the shipping though...

And I love the cover, there's something to be said for the 70's era color and art!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 04:09:21 PM »
Where's the hedge? Very nice!
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
well done and boo fedex.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 05:03:27 PM »
Now that's the color I'm talk'n bout  ...  maybe next time you might want to write "Extremely Fragile, Contents May Explode" on the package :)                                   SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »
Beautiful grill and cover!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 04:17:41 AM »
Matt that looks incredible! Probably what mine looked like about 30 years ago....

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 04:48:38 AM »
Ooooooh. Now that is bloody gorgeous....both the Kettle and that cover. Beauty tone on that Lime there!!!!

If you only used her to do low and slow.....with the coals on the backside.........I am thinking you could get the rim rash touched up and have it not turn black on you.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 04:57:13 AM »
Beauty kettle and cover man!   That cover looks like a sofa set my mother had back then.   

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
I'm still heartbroken over the damage.

Taz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »
Sweet kettle.  Bummer about the damage.  Do you guys put "fragile" stickers all over it?  Does it help to ship the bowl and lid separately? 

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »
Sweet kettle.  Bummer about the damage.  Do you guys put "fragile" stickers all over it?  Does it help to ship the bowl and lid separately?

Putting fragile stickers won't work.  For the most part this kind of freight is loaded by brainless idiots who don't give a shit.  That goes for any shipper.  Advice, use double reinforced boxes and Styrofoam for packing.  Do everything possible to protect the contents of the box.  BTW Matt, another awesome pick up.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

SixZeroFour

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
I'm still heartbroken over the damage.

It's a shame they treat people's parcels so carelessly like that. To be honest I think they opened the parcel after it was damaged to inspect and then might have even stuck a note on the file because the claim was paid out with hardly any hassle at all and that's certainly not the norm... There was also a lot of areas that looked re-taped over existing tape.

Ahh well, what happened was completely out of our hands so no sense feeling bad about it!... Plus, I really love the grill and at least know the story of how she got her beauty mark :)

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E