Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Cherry Lump - Cast Iron - High Heat Grilling**  (Read 1432 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Cherry Lump - Cast Iron - High Heat Grilling**
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
OK, first the lump.  I usually only pull this out for the unicorn meats. This is the shit, I mean, handmade "Artisinal Lump". Naked Whiz loves it, and I got a deal on Apple, Maple and Cherry.  Tonight its Cherry.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag100.htm

The cooker - Little Red "G-Spot"

The grates are corner cut Char-Griller Cast Iron to fit the 18" Cajun Bandito & LBGE, and we get them screamin' hot!

Now for the meat. Nothing fancy, 1.97lb. Top Round London Broil. Cross Hatch cuts on both sides, and soaked overnight in Allegro Soy & Lime marinade, dusted lightly with Jamaica Me Crazy salt.

We sliced this thin on the bias against the grain. All I can say is -

Maillard Reaction!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:01:50 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: **Cherry Lump - Cast Iron - High Heat Grilling**
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 05:24:39 AM »
Looks great! I haven't had London Broil in a long time, might have to make one soon.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »
London broil is a thick cut piece of top round right? Did you cook that to 130-135 or so?

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »
I've used the Real Montana Lump for years , it's likely the best charcoal there is , you can't get the fruit wood lump very often so your lucky to get that cherry .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs