Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grocery store score / What I'm cooking up this weekend.  (Read 1593 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Grocery store score / What I'm cooking up this weekend.
« on: October 31, 2015, 02:17:46 PM »
Ran to the store to grab wings and turd fixings and hit the jackpot.  My local Safeway always has meats marked down for some reason even though the sell by date is still a few days away. 

Brats - 50% off managers special. Sell by date is tomorrow, so they will be frozen

Brisket on sale for $3.99/lb even though the sign right in front of it said $4.99/lb.  and my Safeway never has brisket in stock

Pork spare ribs on sale for for $2.99/lb with a 30% off managers special.  Sell by date Nov 12th! 

Spare ribs and turds are underway.  I love my second grate for easily adding turds when something else is already smoking.  Also love bacon dripping all over my ribs!Will probably make some wings later.  Will do the brisket tomorrow.

And I was just saying a day or two ago that I wasn't doing anymore brisket.  It was just too good of a price and nice looking piece of meat. Great marbling. 

TRICK OR TREAT.  HAVE SOME MEAT!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
Grocery store score / What I'm cooking up this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
Nothing like bacon grease and cream cheese dripping on your ribs!  Turds are done!  Usually wrap my ribs after 2 hours but I'm trying the unwrapped method this time.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Grocery store score / What I'm cooking up this weekend.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »
Great deal Mike!
Turds and ribs look awesome! I think you're really gonna like the texture of unwrapped ribs, I haven't wrapped ribs in...well ever since I tried not wrapping them.

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »
I feel for you guys that have to pay so much for brisket, I refuse to buy at $3.99/lb and wait for it to go on sale at $1.99/lb or less before I buy...benefits of being a Texan, I guess.

Great deals for your market, enjoy the savings until your stomach bulges with meat and beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:58:10 AM »
Ribs came out great!!!  No wrap this time. 

Brisket is on now.

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »
Looking good...Smoke on!

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 03:39:29 AM »
One hell of a cook!! Lots of good grub on the cheap....God bless M'erica!!
SMOKE THIS!!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »
You wrap turds LIKE A BOSS! Well played on the store score.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 06:12:19 PM »
Looks like a good day!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
Thanks everyone!

@MINIgrillin - that's the first time I haven't had toothpicks all over them.  Switched to store brand bacon that's thinner and wraps really well.  The 4 with the toothpicks were just to mark the ones stuffed with sausage dip instead of cream cheese and lil smokies.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 03:54:10 PM »
@austin87 - it was a great weekend!!!!