Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Redhead genesis questions  (Read 6768 times)

joness105639

• Smokey Joe
Re: Redhead genesis questions
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:07 AM »
CS said that the warrenty applies to original purchaser only.  The guy I bought it from said it used to be his brother's.  Chances are the reciept is long lost.  I don't mind not mentioning craigslist, but what do if they ask for proof that I am the OP?

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »
Hmm, I got nothing on this one.  In other instances with good success, I always claim that the item was a wedding present and did not receive a receipt with the gift.

joness105639

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 03:24:59 AM »
tried a second time and this time they said the warranty was only 10 years. On the bright side they were able to tell me it is a "spirit 700".  I domt suppose there are any replacememnt decals availible.  For example the sticker on the frame legs for the tank scale, and the one on the side that has the serial number etc.

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »
What do you mean by "erosion"??? Is it chipped, rusted, etc? All the bottom piece needs to do is funnel the grease into the drip pan. How is the regulator hose BTW?
SMOKE THIS!!

joness105639

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 04:36:51 PM »
Ok, so I'm now at the point where this baby can cook.  I even tried it out briefly.  The porcelin enameled red top is chipped abit around the edges but only in parts that are hidden by the side plates.  I'd liek to paint the sides and also the cookbox.  I know they are cast aluminum.  Would grill paint or some other paint work ok?  Where I work we have a TIG welder that might be able to weld in a patch for the corroded sections.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 12:18:12 AM »
Ok, so I'm now at the point where this baby can cook.  I even tried it out briefly.  The porcelin enameled red top is chipped abit around the edges but only in parts that are hidden by the side plates.  I'd liek to paint the sides and also the cookbox.  I know they are cast aluminum.  Would grill paint or some other paint work ok?  Where I work we have a TIG welder that might be able to weld in a patch for the corroded sections.

Rustoleum High Heat Ultra works very well.   

Can you post a pic of the "corroded" section that you are talking about >?