Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Share your charcoal set up for ribs  (Read 5074 times)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Re: Share your charcoal set up for ribs
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 03:10:21 AM »
Well after experimenting I have decided a snake is my preferred method of smoking on the kettle.

I tried the set up as mentioned by @WNC and found there was a learning curve involved. It wasn't difficult but I did find I had to add fuel a few times and getting temps regulated seemed like a chore.

Thank you for the input everyone. All that really matters is my guests thought the ribs were awesome  8)

Actually, the most important part is I may have planted the charcoal grilling/BBQing seed in two friends. They had a ton of questions and seem sold on the simplicity/capability of the humble kettle. 

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »
Me too. Ribs turned out great. Labor intensive though. Also had the grill temp plummet a couple times. First time smoking on a one touch, rather than a three wheeler. That may have been a factor, but the three wheeler was taking care of a butt.
Still need a 22” yellow

jmoffatt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »
I use the slow and sear and really like it, it will hold 225 all day and get 10 ti 12 hours on 1 chimney of charcoal it really does work as advertised

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »
Below is a link to a site that I came across several years ago that provides pics on how to set up for low and slow.  I have used these pics as the basis for my own set up for ribs.  I don't know Juancho and have no interest in promoting the site but the pics got it right.  You can get the same results that are obtained with some of the gadgets that I see here.  Scroll down to see all the pics.

http://www.hotsmokebbq.com/037splitgrill/juanchos_split_grill.php
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:55:41 AM by BBQ Jack »