Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beer brats  (Read 2550 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Beer brats
« on: November 13, 2015, 01:03:51 AM »
This is something I saw on FB and the women in my family all turned their noses up at it. So off course, it MUST be tried! We all know that anything that women hate, MUST be great!

To start, the gourmet beef sausages went straight into my Lodge with two bottles of Pure Blonde beer. Because we all have to look after ourselves and chose the low carb version....right?

I can't believe that I couldn't find anything other than a simple white bread roll to use. I settled for a stone baked Italian style roll. This was tossed into the Weber to warm up. I also threw in a couple of thick sliced onions in a CI pan.

Once I had sufficiently braised the sausages, I took them out and finished them over the heat.

The liquid in the pot was then used as the base of a sauce which included a heaped tablespoon of seeded mustard and couple of different cheeses.

With the sausages and onions made, and the sauce on the boil, I split the bread and toasted it in readiness....

Dinner is served!

And do you know what? The women loved it! So much for them thinking they knew best.... 😁

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

If it breathes, we can cook it!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Beer brats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 01:50:40 AM »
That looks GREAT! Looks like a meal for Sundays game. Thanks!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 04:16:56 AM »
Been meaning to try this technique too and have also run into female resistance to the very idea of it. I'm gonna go with old Al on this one:

Your product looks good.....hopefully I can turn opinions too.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 07:17:58 AM »
Nice cook.  I just recently started cooking brats in beer.  I used to just cook them indirect to slowly bring them up to temp but now that I have started cooking them in a pan of beer I doubt I will ever cook them any other way.  They come out so juicy cooking them this way and they brown up really quick once I move them from the beer to the grates.

I saw this video on making a beer cheese for brats that I have not tried yet but its on my list!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBokW1tk6Y
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 08:23:36 AM »
That's the video that made me do it! 😂😂

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
This is about the only way anyone up here in the land of beer and brats does them. The only thing is, after you grill them you put them back into beer and onions and let them sit for a while. That's how you'll get them at a good old Wisconsin brat fry. Now, you just need to discover the "Double Brat!" Two of those suckers on a "hard roll." Look it up. I once ate four of them. And dessert. That was back when I did something the kids call "working out."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:37:05 AM by Saugust »
Growing family = growing kettles!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
I'm in! That just may be dinner tomorrow. ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »
Looks F-in killer to me! Good on ya for trusting your gut!
SMOKE THIS!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:36:33 AM »
Wow, I think I might've been doing it wrong all these years!?

I usually hit them with some smoke first. Cook the onions in the beer while the brats are getting smoke. Then sear, and then finish them up in the beer bath.

Yours look great, and I might just have to switch it up.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »
Those came out looking great!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 02:20:36 AM »
And tasted awesome.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 07:06:29 AM »
My wife is from Wisconsin and brats and kraut are served regularly around here  :)   I'm in the camp that grills first and into the pool of dark beer , I like to grill the onions before they go into the beer , if there's a chance . A couple pats of butter in the mix and it's heaven !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs