Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pepper Stout Beef On A Light Blue MT  (Read 1472 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Pepper Stout Beef On A Light Blue MT
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »
Picked up a 4 pound chuck roast from the butcher last night and seasoned it with some Dizzy Pig Cow Lick rub. Got the cook going about 9am running a snake of Coshell on the bottom, a little Kingsford Blue and RO lump on top and whiskey barrel chunks.

Got this lighter Blue ER MT from 604 back in the Spring. I love the look of her:

The MT has Claro Walnut handles Zav made me....the top handle is extra special:

@argentflame - your 2 handles came from the same chunk of wood this one did:

The beef went a little over 4 hours with a grate temp around 255f the whole time. I ripped off a little chunk before tossing it in the crock pot....red and tasty it was:

Two onions, one green pepper, one red pepper, 3 crushed cloves of garlic and a can and a half of Guinness:

When I was picking up the Guinness I spotted this:

There was a sign at the liquor store saying they only got a case of this stuff.....if it's any good I think I should go get another to share with @MacEggs
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pepper Stout Beef On A Light Blue MT
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »
What an awesome cook. Love the kettles. Sharp looking handles specially the imperfection on the dark walnut which adds character. Well done Hoss. Zav handles are great.

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »
Arrogant Bastard is good stuff. the same folks do the Stone IPA, which is one of my favorite ipa's
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »
Man the beef looks great! Love the knot in the handle, gives it significant character!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »
The payoff:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 05:01:08 PM »

I'm a bastard fan too.
Still need a 22” yellow

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 08:56:57 AM »
I love the 2-stage cook by adding it into the crock pot afterwards. Great job Hoss, I bet that was super tasty!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E