Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sirloin Steaks Tonight--Recipes for Marinade or Rub??  (Read 1316 times)

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
Sirloin Steaks Tonight--Recipes for Marinade or Rub??
« on: August 29, 2015, 05:42:18 AM »
Brought home a quarter of beef last week and I'm going to pull out the sirloin steaks for this evening.  I'd like some ideas on sirloins how I should prepare.  Haven't done any for a while, but used marinade sirloins.  Do you marinade them or rub them and with what?  Thank you.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Sirloin Steaks Tonight--Recipes for Marinade or Rub??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 05:53:28 AM »
I find a sirloin steak does benefit from a marinade as it tends to be a leaner cut.  I don't buy them anymore because of that.
I prefer to taste more beef than marinade. 

Everyone will have their methods and desired cuts of beef.
Now, my preferred method is to cook striploins with some nice marbling.  I do the following:

No seasoning before the beef steak hits the grill.

After the first flip, I sprinkle some steak seasoning on the first seared side.
Then after the second flip, I sprinkle some more seasoning on the second seared side. 

One or two more flips, and it comes off for a 5-10 minute rest.  It's simple, and it turns out delicious!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 07:35:36 AM »
 I'm not a marinaded beef fan either. When I do sirloin steaks I hit both sides with salt and pepper, garlic powder. Let them sit out on the counter to come up to room temperature while getting the grill ready. If they are not very thick, grill them direct. If they are really thick I do a reverse sear.

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »
I'm thinking of using Montreal seasoning, but for some reason have it in my mind that sirloin steaks I need to marinade. 

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
My favorite way to prepare top sirloin steak is to marinate in Worcester sauce. Sear and slide with a generous dose of Montreal seasoning.
ymmv.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC