Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spicy Green Salt  (Read 1030 times)

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Spicy Green Salt
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:19:24 PM »
For @Troy here is my Spicy Green Salt recipe. You will have source New Mexican Green Chili Powder or Hatch Chili Powder depending on exactly where the chili peppers are grown. Pops sends me a 1lb every year from the man he's bought chili's from for the last decade, superb with a nice heat. I'm sure online sources are available but I've never gotten it online.

The current formula, recently added the extra 2T of powder for the rub trades and think it's the perfect amount, I've tried Parsley and Greek Oregano but it's just not right.  Get the Mexican stuff  8)

1 cup kosher salt
2 ts mex oregano (Mexican is critical, I roll it in my fingers like I was looking for seeds to break down ☺)
1 T Cumin
¼ cup + 2T green powder (the extra 2T was an experiment for the rub trade turned out great)
¼ cup granulated garlic

Enjoy
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Spicy Green Salt
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »
How do I turn chili's into powder?

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:29:46 PM »
Ha! I get a pound of powder sent to me. You'd have to get them really dry first then powder them. The grind I get is very powdery, not even a little grainy like most traditional chili powders which have a little texture. The fumes would be harsh if you ground at home, I've closed the bag to fast and had the rush of air burn my eyes. The in laws will mix the powder with water to make a paste then add it straight on top of every thing they eat, hardcore.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »

How do I turn chili's into powder?

It can be done , how much time do you have :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs