Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gourmet System Wok Questions  (Read 3282 times)

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
Gourmet System Wok Questions
« on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »
I was lucky enough to pick up a rotisserie, GBS grate, GBS CI griddle, and GBS CI wok. All brand new. All for $50.   ;D ;D ;D

What I didn't get was any manuals, boxes, etc. I was wondering, for the griddle and wok especially, if you folks could help me out with care/washing instructions. I get that they're porcelain enameled cast iron. But I have no clue what that means in terms of seasoning or clean up. Thanks, friends!
Growing family = growing kettles!

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
Re: Gourmet System Wok Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:07:05 PM »
Sounds like a great deal! No real seasoning need because they are enameled. Just clean with warm soapy water and sore indoors when not in use.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Thanks! Any reason they ought to be stored inside? Would the porcelain enamel prevent rusting?

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
Thanks! Any reason they ought to be stored inside? Would the porcelain enamel prevent rusting?

I keep mine in the garage year round...no rusting after a few years of ownership.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »
yeah it should....I just keep mine in after I clean it

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 06:26:12 PM »
And no seasoning? Man it just doesn't look very porcelain enameled. No chips for either of you guys?

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »
I dont have the Wok but I do have the grate no chips I just cleaned her up today from the last use Sunday.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »
Why doesn't it look porcelain enameled? Some is smooth and some is rough.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
I suppose I've never seen the rough. It just looks like bare metal to me. But I know nothing so . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
No chips, no issues. Works fairly well.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »
Gave it a go tonight! Lots of fun. Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and bacon with some Italian seasoning served over couscous.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 05:27:46 PM »
It will become seasoned as you continue to use it. Nice cook. So, keep using it. My GS griddle is getting seasoned with use.

And great minds think alike.

Mine's not Weber, but tonight in the CI wok was broccoli, carrots and shredded chicken, served over sticky rice.

Dude, relax your chicken.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
Looking good! How hard should I scrub when cleaning it? I had to work at it tonight to get some of the rough spots clean.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 06:52:37 PM »
This is where you'll get varying opinions.

For me, I'll treat it like regular CI. I'll use a plastic scraper if there's something stuck on. And then just a soft brush.
Dude, relax your chicken.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »
How I clean my Woks:  Stir fry, plate, & while my wife loads up her dinner plate, I run hot water in my Wok in the sink (no soap, the choice is yours) and let it set while I go enjoy my food.  Later I break out the chainmail scrubber and give the Wok a good once over, rinse, pat dry, warm on stove  ...  light Avocado oil coat  ...  wipe oil with paper towel and let the Wok sit on the stove till it's cool to the touch.   
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".