Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear  (Read 26934 times)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
Re: Another AmazingRibs Promotion Slow and sear
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »
I recently bought one. Happened to cook the best butt ever. Have also done tri tip and ribs and they've been great. Very happy with the outcome.   

Planning on trying a turkey as well for thanksgiving. I'm wondering if it makes sense to practice with a chicken first?  Or if there's no comparison I may practice on a turkey itself.

Thanks @hoochiemama!  You should definitely try chicken.  It cooks similarly, just more quickly.  Also, check out our turkey recipe page.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
For anyone interested we're running a free giveaway this week.  Winner gets a Slow 'N Sear and we will ship it worldwide.  The contest is running on Facebook and you can find it here:  https://www.facebook.com/adrenalinebarbecuecompany

If you're not into Facebook here is the direct link to the contest:  http://www.abcbarbecue.com/#!lets-talk-turkey/e1db5

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2015, 04:09:31 PM »
OK - Entered
Dude, relax your chicken.

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2015, 05:41:22 PM »
Entered!  Thanks for the non-Facebook link

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2015, 06:38:53 PM »
Entered!  Thanks for the non-Facebook link

You bet @Uncle Al

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2015, 07:24:47 PM »
Has the winner been announced?  I need to know who's house I heading to for dinner  ;D

CharcoalMan

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »
I've had the Smokenator for about 1 1/2 years now and have had good success with it.  On my first cook, the steel warped because of the heat exposure (followed manual exactly).  The smokenator is now slightly twisted and I have to make sure the fit is good with the bottom grate before adding anything hot to the mix. The water container also requires hourly refills, making temp adjustment an hourly concern.   

I just got the Slow N Sear (arrived today) and the quality straight out of the box is impressive. The reason for the purchase was extended cook times. This item, just like the smokenator, is made out of stainless steel. The difference, when you pick up the Slow N Sear, you know you have something special. The smokenator is light weight, but when you pick up the Slow N Sear, the quality of build is evident.  The open top design can only improve the searing capability (tough to do on smokenator). I can't knock the Smokenator but the Slow N Sear has serious potential. Will update with user experience.

I learned about the Slow N Sear on Amazing Ribs and after having used the site for a couple years, I trust the recommendations.

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2016, 07:50:43 AM »
Seems like a solid product!   I know you've had tons of R+D and a lot of great reviews from EXPERIENCED Qers.   Howe about sending a SnS to a newbie for a review to judge how easy it is to use from a Newbs point of view! (wink wink)!!
In all seriousness though, This is on my wish list.   What are the chances of getting a Group Buy discount?
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »
Seems like a solid product!   I know you've had tons of R+D and a lot of great reviews from EXPERIENCED Qers.   Howe about sending a SnS to a newbie for a review to judge how easy it is to use from a Newbs point of view! (wink wink)!!
In all seriousness though, This is on my wish list.   What are the chances of getting a Group Buy discount?

@EricD we actually just did this very thing!  We have a WSM user that loves to blog lined up to transition to the kettle/SnS.  He's going to blog his journey. 

Everyone is getting a group discount right now. 8)  Talking to other retailers we are marking up the Slow 'N Sear much less than we should be.  Our rationale though is that we're getting the word out better at our current price point and with time we'll get costs down and the margin will be there. 

Sorry I know this isn't as cool as giving you folks a discount, but on the bright side you don't have to worry about it going on sale and feeling like you paid too much. 

dalee2

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2016, 01:35:49 PM »
Picked one up this week! Can't wait to try it on some pork butt this weekend.

CharcoalMan

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »
I have now used the Slow N Sear three times. I have now done 3 cooks, ranging from 3 to 12 hour cooks. Temp control is fantastic. This is the first kettle product I've owned wher I can walk away for a couple of hours and return to a grill, still locked in at temp. This is a fantastic product. Thanks Slow N Sear.

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2016, 11:14:07 AM »
Mine was delivered today and will be using it this weekend. Can't wait. With a wedding to pay for last year I didn't want to splurge on myself much, but finally hit the purchase button at Amazon on Monday and it was delivered today. Seriously good for non-Prime shipping.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2016, 05:14:36 AM »
Thanks @CharcoalMan and @BluesDaddy we're glad you're happy with the SnS.  Do us a favor?  We need all the great Amazon reviews we can get.  They really help!

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »
Hello! I read this thread and all the Amazon reviews and I really would like one of these.   I have two kettles and cook once a week for the family.  It seems like a couple months ago I read about a coupon code for the Slow n Sear.  Is there one?  I don't want to be a cheapskate, but I have 5 hungry children, plus Mama and myself that I am grilling for!  Thanks!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2016, 12:14:36 PM »
Hello! I read this thread and all the Amazon reviews and I really would like one of these.   I have two kettles and cook once a week for the family.  It seems like a couple months ago I read about a coupon code for the Slow n Sear.  Is there one?  I don't want to be a cheapskate, but I have 5 hungry children, plus Mama and myself that I am grilling for!  Thanks!

Sorry cnmg there's no coupon code.  In fact, our costs have gone up this year.  My people are telling me I need to raise the price.  So, buy now before the price possibly goes up and I guess there is kind of a coupon code!

If anyone here works for FedEx maybe they can explain why they jacked up shipping costs 20%.