Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some recent cooks  (Read 1448 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Some recent cooks
« on: July 18, 2015, 05:02:02 AM »
Been back home from vacation about a week or so. Got to make sure the stable doesn't feel neglected. This is a hodgepodge of cooks the past week.

Salmon

Seasoning the skillet - frying up some bacon

Roasted Brussel sprouts with bacon bits

Time to fire up the 18.5 Mastertouch!

I am really liking this little guy with the craycorts - it is my searing rig now.

Now the 26 is called into service

Chicken and portobello with grated mozzarella/gruyere

Big slab of salmon - hot smoked with alder

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
Re: Some recent cooks
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Nice! Love the 18 MT!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
Looks grate! Especially those brussel sprouts! Do you boil them at all? Any moisture? I'm always afraid they'll burn before soft enough for me. I don't like a firm sprout.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 11:18:48 AM »

Looks grate! Especially those brussel sprouts! Do you boil them at all? Any moisture? I'm always afraid they'll burn before soft enough for me. I don't like a firm sprout.

If you roast indirect at around 350-375, they will soften. I just throw them on after trimming the stems a bit. I have also started them out over the coals, making sure to keep them stirred so they don't burn for 10 min or so. Then they can be roasted indirect to your desired doneness. They have never dried out - I have cooked these numerous times as the family ask for it often.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
I'd say there were a lot of "wins" in there, especially the salmon!

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »
Good looking cooks. I always liked the heat that the 18.5's direct at the the food, can only imagine how well they work with craycorts. I gotta get me one set up like that.

Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.