Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rolled stuffed pork loin  (Read 925 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Rolled stuffed pork loin
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:58:54 PM »
We had some guests over who don't get to eat pork very often, so this seemed like a good thing to make. After I trimmed and opened the loin, I brined it for about 8 hours in a basic brine with salt and sugar. The stuffing was a mix of mushrooms, onion, green apple, and garlic that had gone through the food processor. I sautéed it in some lard that I rendered from the trimmings, then added breadcrumbs until it had a consistent texture. I also threw in some spinach for color.

I couldn't actually get all the stuffing from the pictures to fit inside, but once rolled up and tied it looked pretty good.

I was shooting for 350 temp but it crawled up on me. I used briquettes but have been using lump more recently and I was surprised by how much less receptive to air flow changes the briquettes were. I added some cherry and pecan for smoke. Despite my temps swinging up about 100 degrees, it turned out pretty good.

It was about a 3.5 pound loin and I was surprised that with sides there were no leftovers 8)

Thanks for looking.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Rolled stuffed pork loin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 05:05:30 AM »
@austin87 I'm not surprised there were no left overs, that loin looks fantastic! Great looking stuffing and good color too, plus with the brine...oh I could eat some of that!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Rolled stuffed pork loin
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 05:27:41 AM »
I gotta start doing this … Loin on its own can be rather bland.  Thanks for the inspiration! :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.