Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grate Action  (Read 1314 times)

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Grate Action
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:18:46 AM »
So, last night we did a couple of large burgundy marinated steak tips utilizing the sear grate for the steaks and griddle grate for mushrooms, onions, and scallops.

I also put some par-boiled reds on while I was cooking everything else.  Let the steaks sear for two minutes on the first side, wasn't quite long enough, so I let them sear for four minutes on the second side which had much better sear marks pictured below.

I just realized I never took any pictures of the onions and mushrooms in the griddle!  Oh, well.  I moved the steaks off to the side, removed the sear grate, dropped in the griddle, after it heated up, I added two tablespoons butter, let it melt down and put in the veggies.  Covered the grill and let them sweat for five minutes then turned them and the steaks and covered it back up for about three minutes more.  Then I took the veggies and the meat off and tented them to a large plate to rest while I cooked the scallops two minutes per side.  Not sure what my wife dusted the scallops with, I would have gone with some kosher salt and cracked black pepper for a better sear.

All in all things turned out well. 

After the grates cooled down, I soaked them in soapy water and used a green scrub pad to get the hard bits off and then patted them dry. 

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grate Action
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 03:27:33 AM »
... All in all things turned out well.  ...

I wouldn't disagree!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 06:13:18 AM »
Great looking scallops!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:29:47 PM »
Looks great!