Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: For those deep dish pizza lovers  (Read 3252 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: For those deep dish pizza lovers
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »
Totally killer Nate. There's a deep dish place by us that takes 2 hours to deliver - this is a no brainier to try out. Thanks for the tips!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
Interested in some more details as well.  I never would have considered using a cast iron pan as they take so long to heat up.  I would have been afraid of the bottom still being soggy when the top was done.  That looks like it turned out perfect.  I'd love to do something like this in my big 12" skillet.

What was your cook time?

@OoPEZoO Here's a post that shows how I put them together. The deep dish above was a 20 min cook. Let me know if you have any other questions.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/deep-dish-pizza/

Here's a breakfast version.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/breakfast-cook/msg125377/#msg125377

Thanks, I'd missed these earlier. It's weird most of us here haven't tried cast iron pan pizzas, but Google reveals it's actually fairly common.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 08:11:57 PM »
Looks Awesome! Wow!

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 11:48:52 AM »
Excellent closeups & I love the hash brown idea for the breakfast one...
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE