0 (0%)
Blue wave
1 (2.2%)
Teal
2 (4.3%)
Other color
4 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Kettle color  (Read 14976 times)

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
Kettle color
« on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »
From all the activity on the Trading Post towards redheads and yellow , I was curious what color the majority of WKC members preferred or was most sought after. My bet is on reds, but I would also bet Yellows would be a strong second. Kettles are all inclusive; sj's to performers. Others can be the other colors I didn't include.

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle color
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »
Yellow for me, or that slick turqouise. 

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
I love em all!!!
But brown is probably my fav
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
What about gray? You forgot gray? Who couldn't possibly like a nice shade of battleship gray? lol  Actually in all seriousness, gray does look nice when it's nice, clean, new, and shiney. When they start getting chipped, dented, scratched, rusted, etc. then they look like just another old beat up faded blackie.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
Also, you can't forget about our friends across the pond. What about Ivory, lemongrass, spring green, blue wave, teal, and pink? If we're talking any color worldwide, then my vote is for lemongrass. 
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »
I have to say I like all colors. I am seeking for a 22 warrior though. Wife does not like blue...But I will have one again. She does love the Lime. I say we pool some $ and have crate shipped by Golley and Hogsey, for some OZ material. They will purchase smart if not pissed...

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 04:11:10 PM »
I like blue overall, but prefer red in some cases and really like all of the colors. There are specific colors I like better than others. I still dream of documenting every color weber ever made. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get that going?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »
I like blue overall, but prefer red in some cases and really like all of the colors. There are specific colors I like better than others. I still dream of documenting every color weber ever made. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get that going?

We have arrived.....

You started it......

This is the documentary thread, what say ye ?

Editor's Note: I used the "BLUE, OVERALL" color to call particular attention to this...... :D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »
I was thinking some kind of color wheel or better yet a picture of each weber in that specific color, year included. We would need a spot where we could gather up all of them together. We are talking a lot of colors. I bet they made at least 10 different blues alone.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
The poll has been reset and amended to include a few more colors. "Other colors" should cover the, um, other colors. :D

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »
Can I revote then?  ;)

I think the "teal" was actually called Sea Foam on the Galley Q at least. I think the old metal handled 22.5 was the exact same color. Ed would know.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:18:14 PM by Duke »

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »
I like the 2 tone brownies.  My neighbor has one 18.5:" to boot.  I've been eyeing it for sometime.  Thinking of how I'm going to break it to her that I want her kettle or else. 

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
I like the 2 tone brownies.  My neighbor has one 18.5:" to boot.  I've been eyeing it for sometime.  Thinking of how I'm going to break it to her that I want her kettle or else.
My neighbor has a 22. I am just waiting for the garage sale one day. Can you sneak a pic of that 18.5?

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
My neighbor has a 22. I am just waiting for the garage sale one day. Can you sneak a pic of that 18.5?

Real hard to do, it's out on her front porch, but their is a fence.  I can only do it from my balcony, but I'd get caught lol.  It's probably an early 80's.  It has 2 wooden handles on the bowl.  Can't tell if they're riveted. 

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:07:27 PM »
I bet she's just hoping someone will take it away. :D