Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another Pizza Option...  (Read 10399 times)

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Dude, relax your chicken.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Another Pizza Option...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »
Nice! I may have to see if my local THDs have these..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »
Interesting how the lid sits at an angle

TeddyC

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
I saw that today at Home Depot.
But the question is, what will that do, which the $39.00 weber stone won't do?
I don't own the weber stone yet but it seems to make good pizza. What's so good about this contraption?
Hi, my name is Ted & I'm a smoke-aholic.
My Weapons:  Weber Smokey Mountain (Flo);
Weber Master touch 2015 (Lou Lou);

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
2 of these sold on ebay last week for somewhere around $20-25 not including shipping. Kicking myself for not bidding...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 05:07:16 AM »
I saw that today at Home Depot.
But the question is, what will that do, which the $39.00 weber stone won't do?
I don't own the weber stone yet but it seems to make good pizza. What's so good about this contraption?

Super high heat... Your not gonna want to cook at 700degrees on the weber stone. That would leave the bottom of your pizza burnt and the top uncooked.

I think the whole deal is that with the open front and high heat is to make a convection oven instead of a radiant, conductive oven. Speeds up the process.

What's so good about THIS contraption? Who knows... Just a different way impress friends and family I would guess

Either way...grilled pizza is the sh!t
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

CSTampa

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
Does anyone have any current reviews on the PizzaQue Pizza Kettle Pizza Kit?  I see some solid reviews on Home Depot and Amazon but only a handful of reviews.  I've been eyeing this and the Kettle Pizza but wanted to hear about the differences between the two.  Thanks.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 04:55:12 PM »
I have seen this at my local HD. The reviews seem pretty good. I may buy one and give it a shot.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Another Pizza Option...
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »
I dont have the pizza que or kettle pizza.  I've been extremely close to getting the kettle pizza but keep holding off.

Whats your favorite kind of pizza? Is neapolitan the only style you want?  Everyone dreams (me too if i was rich)  of having a wood fired oven and heating it for two days and baking for a week.  Everyone wants a perfect pizza in 2-3 minutes.  The reality is that a wood fired oven is an altogether different animal than your weber grill.

You can make fantastic pizza with just a stone.  Its not as sexy as the kettle pizza, but are you just cooking or cooking to eat?

To me, the euro weber pizza lid looks like it would work great for the kinds of pizza i make and eat.

Thats my two cents of nonsense.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:55:12 PM by blksabbath »

CSTampa

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »
I've been eyeing the KettlePizza for a while but having a hard time justifying the cost then I saw the PizzaQue at Home Depot 6 months or so back.  It was only $99 and looked interesting but I could not find any reviews on it.  Decided to check yesterday online and saw reviews and $89 on Amazon.  Just thought I could throw it out here and see if anyone had 1st hand knowledge using the PizzaQue. 
I tried making two pizzas the weber by itself but could not get the heat past 500.  It was also a pain to lift the cover and lose the heat to check on the pizzas.  The pizzas came out pretty good but took 15 mins.  Its also more labor intensive having to wield a pizza peel, lift the lid, try not to lose the heat, move or remove pizza, and then put lid back down.  The opening on the PizzaQue and KettlePizza make it easier.   I cooked them on a Lodge cast iron pizza pan. 

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »
Well I'm game, I just picked one up at HD, on my way home now to try it out. I must say Pizza Hut seems cheaper as I'm about $150 into tonight's cook. Gadzooks!!! Also I've never ever made a pizza before so I might end up with Pizza Hut for dinner.

●|||||||●

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »
Well I'm sold on it! I was planning making three pizzas but filled up on 2. I can't wait to do this again. Had some neighbors over and they were raving about it. I have much more to learn and I'm willing to put in the time. Temps were over 900°.

●|||||||●

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 02:30:17 AM »
Nice work!  That looks awesome.  Did you have to refuel at all?

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
No refueling needed. I could have made pizzas for over an hour if I wanted. It was amazingly hot, the temp gauge that came with the kit was pegged past 900° for 90 minutes. The temps busted the cheap I gauge I put on the lid.

●|||||||●

CSTampa

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32:34 PM »
Well I'm sold on it! I was planning making three pizzas but filled up on 2. I can't wait to do this again. Had some neighbors over and they were raving about it. I have much more to learn and I'm willing to put in the time. Temps were over 900°.

●|||||||●

Thanks RumBar!!  That's the kind of insight I was looking for.  Great looking pizzas and great pictures!  I am sold but might have to put it on the back burner as I started eyeing a Weber 22.5" Smokey Mountain smoker.  I am really impressed with the PizzaQue Kit.

How much charcoal did you have to use to get that kind of performance?