Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis 2000  (Read 2884 times)

hankeljs

• Smokey Joe
Genesis 2000
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
Hi guys.

I thought I'd start a new post with my Genesis rehab journey.  Here are the first few pictures as I got it. 

The wood is all rotted out and will need replaced.  One rail has some rust, but I don't know how bad yet.  The internals have been replaced and work really well.

I do need a swing table for it too.

But it will get a new paint job, new wood and such.  Should cook another 20 years!

Jeff

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Genesis 2000
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »
Looks like a nice project candidate.  Give @Bman a holler on the wood if you want to source replacements.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
Neat. I'd like one just like it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

hankeljs

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:18:56 AM »
I'd tried to contact Bman a couple different ways with no response. 

I have ordered a replacement table from Weber, but will need to change out the durawood with real wood.  There is some rust on on the right side cross member.  Hopefully not bad enough that it needs total replacement.  I'll try and repair.

That's about all the time I've had to look at it yet.  The internals are all in serviceable condition.

Jeff

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »
I'd tried to contact Bman a couple different ways with no response. 

I have ordered a replacement table from Weber, but will need to change out the durawood with real wood.  There is some rust on on the right side cross member.  Hopefully not bad enough that it needs total replacement.  I'll try and repair.

That's about all the time I've had to look at it yet.  The internals are all in serviceable condition.

Jeff

Jeff,

According to Bman's profile here and on another site, he hasn't posted since Nov. 26th.    Life might have him @ kind of busy or something. 

hankeljs

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
Must be.  It will be spring before I'm ready for that anyway.  Difficult to paint during the Kansas winter!

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 09:15:18 AM »
Can't wait to see it finished.  It is great to see the restores that the members of this site do.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)