Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Pizza Steel**  (Read 2664 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Pizza Steel**
« on: December 10, 2014, 05:11:02 PM »
I was listening to my local NPR station - KPLU 88.5 FM on the way home from work and heard about this on the "Food for thought" segment.

http://www.kplu.org/post/secret-better-homemade-pizza-plus-nancys-recipe-buttermilk-rolls-two-ways

Google is my friend!

http://bakingsteel.com/shop/baking-steel/

I've seen all the Kettle Pizza deals and been searching out all the ultimate Weber pizza mods and never heard of the steel - cast iron, yeah, but I know a guy that has a CNC Plasma cutter and he's done some discs for me that I use as heat diverters in place of the aluminum pizza pan that comes with the Cajun Bandit Stackers and the stainless steel dog bowls on my Mini Smoker Joes.

Any pizza modders got any suggestions?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: **Pizza Steel**
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
If his prices are reasonable, have him cut 14 or 16 in circles. Shipping is the biggest problem with the steel. Costs a lot to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:50:11 PM »
Lodge makes a pizza pan. I had read about this Baking Steel product and thought of the Lodge CI when doing so. Always used a stone myself but perhaps there is something to this metal.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:16:44 AM »
I've got the Lodge pizza pan. Bought it when it was on sale a year or so ago on Amazon with prime shipping. Haven't really used it on the grill because, with the handles, I don't think it quite fits on the 22.5" well. But now that I have the 26.75" I think I'll give it a try.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 07:15:45 PM »
Brian - lots of good pizza kettle - baking  Steel info at SeriousEats.com
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)