Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: slow cook  (Read 5023 times)

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
Re: slow cook
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
+1 on @1buckie being super helpful! I only have 1 long cook under belt. All the advice here in the forums and Buckies help made it really easy and tasty. I managed an 11 hour pork shoulder cook with a 2x2 snake. Some really good advice I got here was be patient. After making vent adjustments give the kettle plenty of time to settle in. Good luck and make sure to post some pics!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 01:18:54 AM »
1buckie is the best, every time he has given me advise, the food has come out absolutely perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
+1 on @1buckie being super helpful! I only have 1 long cook under belt. All the advice here in the forums and Buckies help made it really easy and tasty. I managed an 11 hour pork shoulder cook with a 2x2 snake. Some really good advice I got here was be patient. After making vent adjustments give the kettle plenty of time to settle in. Good luck and make sure to post some pics!

Yes, good idea that I forget to say out loud:

Make a move, watch & wait.......make a move (if needed again) watch & wait......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 09:35:00 AM »
I have to say everyone one is so helpful How could I possibly burn my dinner thanks.  it sure is a lot of fun  and it does taste really good.jd
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer