Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Satay or something like it.  (Read 875 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Chicken Satay or something like it.
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:56:53 PM »
They'd kick me out of Thailand for what I did.

Wanted to make a recipe from one of the Weber books but skipped the cucumber salad and royally screwed up the first batch of marinade, luckily prior to actually soaking the meat. Also, I had to substitute coconut oil for peanut oil. Needless to say I couldn't follow the meal recipe precisely.

And I skipped the wooden skewers. And the sauce on the side wound up being "served" from a plastic colander because the oil began to separate from the peanut butter and so I drained it ...

When it came time to cook the meat I dumped it from the marinating bag on the grill in a big pile and began moving it around. Closed lid, came back soon and turned/moved them, closed lid, came back soon, done.

You get the idea: it tasted fine but like sausage, you wouldn't have wanted to be around to see the creation.

Plated, with leftover brown rice sporting a dollop of the sauce.

Close-up from the bucket:
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Chicken Satay or something like it.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 08:46:43 PM »
Looks good to me. Sometimes you have to improvise.