Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .:: eCook (Day of) Discussion Thread ::. Sunday September 7th 2014 [PHOTO HEAVY]  (Read 49540 times)

Chuck

• WKC Brave
And the finished product came out rather tasty...

This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
.:: eCook (Day of) Discussion Thread ::. Sunday September 7th 2014 [PHOTO HEAVY]
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
Man I am so jealous, you guys are killing it out there. I just did a quick cook as I am dealing with some sick kids, need to sleep at some point and still go into work tonight. Had some big plans but family comes first. Might cook off the rest tomorrow if time allows.
So here it is, skirt steak fajitas, rub consists of salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper.

And then just a few stuffed mushrooms and 2 turds.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
This has been torture! I am at work all weekend and don't get to come out and play. :(

It has been great watching everyone participate and I have started a list of new dishes to try! :)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Winz

• WKC Ranger
Turds are done. Got to cook on "project Venison" a mini WSM I built for a buddy.

Winz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
Spare ribs were a hit and got eaten pretty up pretty quick...

With the ribs done, it's on to chicken...

Trying two different types of rubs on the chicken today.

After an hour in the MiniWSM...

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
Wind....I like the project venison smoker..

I love the smell of a evening cook...

sparky

• WKC Brave
Well the gf and daughter went back to the lake to enjoy the evening so when the ribs were done i packed them up and drove the three miles to the camper , glad i did !

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Man I wish I had the time to cook some of the awesome dishes I'm seeing here.  Unfortunately I was out of town for the weekend visiting family in the Chicago area, which is always exhausting.  On the bright side, I did get to visit my happy place for lunch today.  Portillos!!!  The best Italian beef and Chicago dogs on the planet!

I know, I look like a moron.  I just couldn't resist.  ;D

Anyway, I made sure I got back home to Iowa in time to do a quick dinner time cook.  No way I wasn't going to participate in this event.  I figured this was a good time to try out my 18" OTS that I converted to a fancy OTG.  This was it's first cook since the conversion.

I added some wood handles from Brian, a Weber Thermometer that I poached from my 26" (after adding a big ass summit thermo to the 26"), a vent handle that I ordered from Weber last week and of course the ash bucket assembly that I got off of a really beat 18" OTG kettle.  This thing worked like a champ.

Got a half chimney of coals ready while I ran out to the store.

Of course, everyone wanted something different tonight.
- 2 Spicy Italian sausages
- 2 chicken kabobs: 1 marinated, 1 plain
- 1 cheesburger
- Steemed mushrooms in butter

Everything turned out awesome and now I'm sitting pretty with my food coma.  Glad I got to be a part of this awesome event.

SixZeroFour

Can't wait to sit down and have a clser look at all these great photos!!! Amazing job you guys!

We're through a bacon bomb, ribs, beans, turds and up next are homemade baseball sausages! Shibby.  :)

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Tremendous cookups one & all numerous roti's, burgers, chicken of several types.......'Turds ahoy!!!

Hey, anyone who may not have gottten to take pictures, or might not be set up currently to do so.....still write in with your menu or recipes !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

coldkettle

• WKC Brave
Six that looks like the feast went over well! 

I love the smell of a evening cook...

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Cheers to 604 for getting this whole thing started-- it's been a ton of fun and I still haven't taken time to scroll through all of the photos (I need to do some more dishes in a minute  ;-).  This is what the WKC is all about, and I think the first eCook was a tremendous success (and it's not even over yet!).  It was fun to raise my game a little, take a few photos, and see/celebrate what other did today as well.  Kudos, 604!!
One of the charcoal people.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Shredded and 2 sandwiches....I'm tired.

Troy

• Statesman
I'm first lighting a grill now.
They drew straws and the yellow 22 win.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
OK, we got our cook going..
Here's what were working with.
A RED 22 I picked up for free on a Fathers Day when everyone was out.. Its my daily cooker.. Beat up but never lets me down!

In the background is my Cherry Red Happy Cooker. AM I the only one?

And My favorite new toy, the Rib-O-Lator. Courtesy of Alvin, He made me do it!
Got some wings and turds going..

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..