Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Scotch Eggs  (Read 1589 times)

Chuck

• WKC Brave
Scotch Eggs
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »
So there was some cooking for the wife's birthday today. I did scotch eggs on the grill. Traditionally deep fried and around here normally baked, since I've been on a roll with the grill she demanded requested that I try them on the grill this time.

The ingredients are simple, hard boiled egg, sausage (Jimmy Dean Hot is a favorite here), rolled in egg white, and finally covered in bread crumbs. Cooked for about 45 minutes at 350-375. I might have been able to pull them a bit sooner, but there were only rave reviews when served.

This is a fairly cheap hobby when you consider the time  with family and friends and how many meals are created.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: Scotch Eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
Sausage and eggs...Awsome! Another thing to put on to grill list. Thanks for sharing.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »
Nicely done!  Been over a year since I've done those ... so many things to cook ... so little time.  ??? ??? ;D ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »
Oh yes. Got to try those! I noticed a lot going on below the top grate? Do you have a couple of fire bricks in there? What's the black metal looking thing to the left of the food?  Please, share your set up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:57:03 AM by Paul Isa »