Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saturday night Turkey dinner  (Read 1149 times)

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
Saturday night Turkey dinner
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:02:17 PM »
I live in the bay area and the Weberitis have a lot of equipment laying around at their homes. I have been on the fence about buying a Roti, so the other day I was talking to Heyjude (aka Aj) that I would like to use one to see how I would like it? Well I ask if I could borrow the Roti and he tells me that he could drop if off for me (score).

Well the wife had a 12 pound turkey sitting in the freezer and she would like to get it out. So I said lets cook it on the spit. She put apples and onions in the turkey. I cooked it for about 3 ½ hours at 350 down to 250 at the end. I put cherry wood chunks every time I had to add charcoal to the basket.  I was so happy about how it turned out that I forgot to take pictures of it cut up (looooser) and placed the dinner plate. But I do have the plate pictures from Monday. Yes Moose got some turkey scraps and it was nap time.

Thanks for looking at my Turkey.
Also Aj thank you for lending me your Roti.

Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Saturday night Turkey dinner
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
That came out Awesome!  Can't beat Thanksgving in August.. I'm jealous of moose..
So, you have to try some other items on the roti.. Maybe a roast or leg of lamb.. or...
Its all good!
And your qquite welcome.. We'll find you a roti of your own very soon!
AJ   8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

unl1mtd

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »
Nice. Any rub or oil on the bird?

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:22:29 PM »
Rubbed with olive oil and Hard Eight rub. The restaurants are out of Texas and that is where we purchased the rub.
The website does not have the shopping open at this time but here is the link.

http://www.hardeightbbq.com/index.html
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 03:24:37 AM »
Looks like a good ad for the Roti, I'm sold!
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE