Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Target Clearance  (Read 17295 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: Target Clearance
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2014, 05:22:53 PM »
Jumbo joes are 29.98 now, my target has 10 of them. Think I will wait to see if they go lower.
22.5 silvers are sold out.
18.5 silvers and smokey joes are still regular price. Hoping to get an 18.5 and get the OTG ash catcher assembly when they go to 1/2 off.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2014, 10:43:18 PM »
JJ went down to $17 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsbroussard

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
There were only 3 left so I took a JJ for $29.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 02:19:05 PM »
If they go lower, I will buy all they have left and use as trade bait 

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »
$9 for 22" hinged grate and $5 for "18 at Targets around me. Not much left.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2014, 09:02:02 PM »
$9 for 22" hinged grate and $5 for "18 at Targets around me. Not much left.

Bingo! Buy them all at that price..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

SmokeandGrit

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2014, 08:31:06 AM »
My wife picked a jumbo joe for me this morning here in Austin for $29.  :)

This will be my first charcoal grill which I'm a little ashamed of but we always had gas grills growing up and I finally wanted to get primal and cook with live fire. I really want a performer and will get one eventually but this seemed like a good way to get started and at a great price.

I've been lurking on this site for a little while and like it. Lots of good info without egos.  :)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »
Good luck. You are going to love it.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
Still going here in Louisville.

Swung by the Target closest to my house and Cha Ching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Saw a display model Jumbo Joe that was tagged @ $25.xx    Was about to buy it when I saw two new ones in the box.   Checked the clearance sticker on those and they said $17.98!!!!.   Grabbed them in a heartbeat.   Also picked up two 18.5 hinged grates for $5.38 each.     

While scoring, a woman came up and was looking at the Jumbo as well some SJS's that were marked down to $25.   I advised that she get the Jumbo Joe, and that the price should be even less than what was on the sticker, given that the two I had were $17.98.     She ended up putting it in her cart and she also happily bought a hinged grate that I told her about.   We ended up going up to the front to check out together.   My transaction went through with no problem, then I stood and waited for her's to ring up.   Cashier scanned the clearance tag and it still came up  $25.xx.    I told the cashier that this couldn't be right, as mine were new in box for less, while her's was an open box display model.  I asked her if she could just scan the UPC on my box instead.   Well, of course, she was all confused and called a supervisor over.   Up walks some 17 year old kid and I explain the situation.    He looks at her grill, compares it to the pics on my box and gives the OK to scan my barcode.    I then pointed out that the price I paid was for new in box, and that her's was a display/open box model, and then asked whether or not she should get an additional discount.   The kid shrugs and says "Yeah, that makes sense" and took an additional 10% off.   The woman buying the Jumbo was happy and thanked me for helping.

End result for me was 2 Jumbo Joe's with additional hinged grates for $23.35 each +tax

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »
Awesome. Stopped by mine today. Still 29.98 for JJ. I want them at 17.99 and I will buy all of them. Still have 7 on the floor. 18 in OTS still 79.99.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
I picked up a 22.5" hinged grate for $5, two tool hangers for $2.50, and two lightweight covers for $2.50. Everything else was pretty picked over. 
-Keith

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »
i can't find any hinged 22.5 grates.  i checked 3 or 4 stores and they are baron here. 

if anyone wants to spare 1 or 5 for a decent price please let me know. 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
No 22s by me, only 18s and they are still $13.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
Went to another Target that showed the JJ being in stock and found it sitting right there on the shelf.  Looked at the tag and it said $42.   Checked with the self scanner and it came back up with $42 also.   I took a shot and carried the JJ up to the customer service desk and told them how I had just bought 2 at another location for a lower price.   They matched the price on the JJ as well as the hinged grate that I had brought as well.

Off to find a couple more tomorrow just to keep family members happy.   

BTW, no 22 grates to be found so far, but there are quite a few more hinged 18's.     Would it be cost effective to buy and ship to anyone in need ?

weirleigh

• WKC Brave
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
I have three Targets within 15 miles of me, they are rarely in sequence with the clearance items, until things go down to 70% off or more I usually check at least two of them before I get something on clearance because driving a couple miles could save another $20 or $30 bucks.  Sometimes they will be sold out at one and never mark down below 30% at another, never thought about going to the customer service desk, may have to try that next year.  Anyway all three lowered the prices to 70% off yesterday or today and moved the stuff they carry year round to another part of the store to make room for Halloween.  I went in two of them earlier in the week and they still had some items I didn't need I wanted to see if they marked down more.  Then went in tonight and almost everything is gone, might find a grill brush but not much else.