Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Score of the week from the West Coast WKC team  (Read 3965 times)

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
Score of the week from the West Coast WKC team
« on: June 12, 2014, 12:03:52 PM »
Score of the week from the West Coast WKC team (Winz) he found me a SS performer in RED and also talked me into taking WinZ’s Donna off his hands (and yes she is HoT)!
It has been about a 2+ year search with the last couple of months really putting the word out to the locals  “The West Coast WKC team” that I wanted a Red Head SS performer one. Well the other day I got a PM from Winz saying he had found one on Craig list not too far from his home and he is second on the list to get it. He told me the person in front of him was to meet with the seller in the early afternoon and that the person was a no show, so Winz drives down right away to score the Red head. 

That was June 3rd and I could not wait to pick it up until June 7th it was killing me.  Then he shares some photos of the performer and we talk on the phone about it. So he runs down the options of it “It is a “P” code (1993) SS Performer, non-gas assist.  This is the first non-gas I have seen in person, and I must say I like it!”.  That did not matter to me I have the bag trick to start my coals and only have to move it on bricks to no big deal.
While I’m on the phone with him tells me that he would also sell his Donna a P code M/T that he rescued, I say Yes (he also through in Red Head matches). I also have a thing for the character that plays in the Suits series.
So I shared my score with the West Coast team with a PM and pictures. I believe that WinZ tells me that he is meeting up with Argentflame and Gummi on June 3rd and they could bring me my kettles to me if I want that. But I wanted to meet up with the guys to shoot the bull and see the kettles them come off of Winz’s truck.

So I had to wait to BBQ on the SS until Sunday which I had friends over and they don’t really get into all the kettles, but they love my BBQ. I also did Salmon on Tuesday night just to get the feel of cooking on the performer style BBQ. It looks like Donna will get into the pool this weekend I believe both days I will be BBQ’ing.

Winz thanks again for the score.

Cuda Dan
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Re: Score of the week from the West Coast WKC team
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
Very nice. I love a red head.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Alfonso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »
Two reds are better than none.............couldn't resist....... ;D

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »

One Redhead gets damaged, everybody's sad & two more nice ones pop up elsewhere......

.......it's like cozmic, man......

Now pumping some good Redhead kettle karma back to SixZeroFour from WKC West.............. 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Yuminator

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Great to hear about the West Coast Team helping each other out!  How many redheads in your harem now Cuda Dan?

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:03:38 PM »
Nice pair! 8)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
   I just squirted...........

some PB blaster on a rusty one touch handle when I looked up and saw those Red Heads , daaaaammmmm!   2 at once is legendary !

Congrats

Which one of you is rocking the Idaho hat :)

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »

That would be me.  Born 85 miles south of you in Moscow, raised in Boise, graduated from U of I (third generation Vandal).  My twin daughters graduated from U of I (fourth generation Vandals) a couple of years ago.

Winz thanks again for the score.

Cuda Dan - my pleasure!  A redhead SS performer, and a redhead M/T - both from the same production year.  It was meant to be.  Rub Donna every now and then for me....

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
Awesome scores and great teamwork guys! Both smokin hot redheads!

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »
Great to hear about the West Coast Team helping each other out!  How many redheads in your harem now Cuda Dan?
Well the harem now is up to 6, I cook on 3 of them.

Cuda Dan - my pleasure!  A redhead SS performer, and a redhead M/T - both from the same production year.  It was meant to be.  Rub Donna every now and then for me....

Winz
I have not put Donna into the mix yet.  But I will put a nice rub on her and the meat that is placed on her.
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »
Big ups to the West Coast WKC Team!  Great work all around.
One of the charcoal people.

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »
This was a very nice short mini meetup. It was nice to see my Grillfella brothers again.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:57 PM »
A couple of really nice cookers Dan, Donna is a sweet looking kettle and she will fit right in with the rest of your collection.
The SS is very worthy of inclusion to the pride as well.. Nice scores Dan.
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »
Great score Dan! There's something about a red SS performer that screams "Fire it up!" It's like the sports car of the kettle world IMHO  ;D

Now pumping some good Redhead kettle karma back to SixZeroFour from WKC West.............. 8)

Cheers for the good energy buckie, I feel it flowing this way already! Got lucky and snagged a couple sweet deals in the last few days I'll try to post up a bit later today.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 06:36:56 AM »
Sweet grills and great job guys!