Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend BBQ  (Read 975 times)

JDLones

• WKC Brave
Memorial Day Weekend BBQ
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:08 PM »
We were at the store trying to figure what to cook this afternoon, and my darling wife wanted more country-style ribs.  Who am I to say no?  I also wanted to try some thing different, though.  Then I found what I was looking for:  beef short ribs.  I've been wanting to try them for a while so I thought to myself, "Why not?"

Here's a shot of everything on the grill

Here are the short ribs right off the grill.  Nice pull-back from the bones.  They looked quite tasty.

This is what the country-style ribs looked like.  I smoked them dry for about 2.5 hours and then put them in the pan and drenched them in Sweet Baby Rays Original.  That is my wife's favorite sUce.

Finally, here's the plate shot.  The ribs paired quite well with some dill potato salad and oven-roasted squash and zucchini. Oh, and of course some good sourdough bread. 

I was happy with the short ribs.  Nice and smoky, as well as juicy.  I'll definitely be doing them again. 

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great weekend.  For anyone out there who are veterans, this is your weekend. Thanks for protecting us.   :)  :D
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Memorial Day Weekend BBQ
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
Really nice Cookup !!!

Man, there's a lotta good cooks around here !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"