Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Q with a straw.  (Read 977 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
Q with a straw.
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:56:34 AM »
My surgeon has told me that if I can eat it with a straw, then I'm good to go.

Great.

So regular BBQ was out the window. But with at least 3 months passing since I lit any charcoal, I felt I was ready.

I missed you baby.

So seeing as meat was out of the question, my go to over the last few days has been soup. I made a very decent tomato soup that my whole family raved about. But my middle daughter loves pumpkin soup. So today was pumpkin soup.  And for an added dimension to flavours, I roasted some pumpkin and garlic on my SS as the basis of my roasted pumpkin and garlic soup. The pumpkin and garlic were rolled in some herbs and EVOO with some sea salt before going in the Weber.

I had some sliced leeks and diced potatoes lightly cooked in a bit of butter and wine on the stove. To this I added some chicken stock, and brought it all up to the boil and then simmered for about 15 to let the potatoes become tender. I seasoned it with some pepper and a bit of salt. By then the pumpkin was ready and added to the mix. After cooking for a little longer, I got stuck in with a stick mixer.

And then when it was smooth, it was plated up with a dollop of cream and some chives. I also reserved a bit of the green leafy parts of the leek that always get tossed, and julienned them as a garnish. Mine is the one with no garnish.

Served with some toasted sourdough with olives in it, and yet again I am the hero of the house!

Sent from another Galaxy using Mental Telepathy

If it breathes, we can cook it!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Q with a straw.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:03:53 AM »
Looks delicious. Glad that you are getting back in the game!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC