Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Laboratory night - test mode  (Read 919 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Laboratory night - test mode
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:36:35 PM »
Well, I had the day off and knew I wanted to fire up some coals, but I wanted to try some different things on the kettle.
Spiedie smoked turkey legs and sweet potatoes roasted with coconut oil in a CI skillet.

Let me tell you - the sweet potatoes done this way are like candy.

Grilled Chilean sea bass and sablefish (black cod). I am seeing this sablefish often around here, and it is very similar to Chilean bass in taste and texture. It is a bit milder. The Chilean sea bass was the backup in case this cook was a disaster.

The 26 is my main grill these days. Temp control on this is hard to describe- better than my genesis.

Still had enough coals to cook up some burgers:)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Laboratory night - test mode
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
The sweet potatoes in coconut oil is a good idea and one I will try.  How long have hand guards been on the 26.75 kettle lids?  I thought they were new this year but yours does not look new.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:01:01 PM »

The sweet potatoes in coconut oil is a good idea and one I will try.  How long have hand guards been on the 26.75 kettle lids?  I thought they were new this year but yours does not look new.
This is a 2009 model. It has been used a lot the past 5 years. I think that is the first year they reintroduced them.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »
Niow that's how you use a 26'r BMR!