Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hawaiian Style Pies  (Read 1559 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Hawaiian Style Pies
« on: April 25, 2014, 08:50:13 PM »
Duke Style; Full basket of lump or coals and set some on the top grate as well. I used a few really large pieces of lump charcoal, but some charcoal dumped on top from a chimney would also work. The main thing is to get some coals behind the pie and stone and achieve high flames to cook the toppings. I make sure the stone is raised to use the lid for reflective heat.

The toppings; Fresh Mozzarella, Chorizo Slices, Fresh Garlic, Chopped Macadamia Nuts

Pie 2;

Pie 2

I did these back to back, but topped them differently both times. I could have done two more. It's funny because Pizza 1 wasn't as pretty, but seemed to taste better than prettier pizza 2? Maybe it was just the extra char and the artisan style pizza 1 had. I was pleased, they both had the nice leoparding that I shoot for.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Hawaiian Style Pies
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:58:19 PM »
Oh man, I love me some kettle cooked pizza! Those look delicious.  :) :)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:17:27 PM »
Inspiring. I see kettle cooked pizza in my near future...

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

squid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »
Looks great mate, just heating up my charcoal as I type this for our weekly weberised pizza cook up.

Have a seafood with scallops, prawns, smoked salmon and squid, a basic Aussie style Hawaiian with ham and pineapple for the kids, and a spicy meat lovers with salami, chorizo, olives, mushrooms, anchovies (or hairy fish as we call them) and fresh chilli.

I currently have a pretty basic kettle set up for cooking pizza and it works ok, but am looking at making a kettle pizza style ring as they seem to work really well by all accounts.

You know you have weberitis when you find charcoal on special and buy 60kg's (130lb) like I did today. Should last me a couple of months I hope!

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:45:25 AM »
That's a great looking pie you have there. Nicely done!
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
Thanks everyone! Squid, please post some pics of that seafood pizza you are making, all of them sound outstanding. I make a clam and garlic now and then that I really like, but it doesn't go over too well with the rest of the family.